Saturday, February 18, 2006

Arrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh


I can't believe this happened to me....... I had just finished typing this nice loooooooonnnnnnggggg blog and the system kicked me out (BEFORE I SAVED IT!) sob sob. Now I have to start all over again. wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


Well.....

The jet setting life style.

Here I am again, in the BA lounge, updating my blog. This time I am heading for New York, the Big Apple (I wonder why they call it the Big Apple? Maybe, I'll check to see if there are any "big" apples there).

Work of course - which has been the stem of all my traveling of late. I'm going a little bit earlier to visit my cousin and his family. My nephew is so cute. He wrote me the other day to give me a weather update. He said it was "a little bit hot and a lot cold. So wear a lot of cloth". Now, I'm not sure if he is just taking short cuts or whether we need to question the level of English he learn at school. We shall see.

It was his birthday recently and he requested for a Liverpool jersey. Now I understand why these football club can afford to pay their players in millions.

His brother requested for a "large toy" (not small one - that was the exact message). So, I went to Hamleys last weekend. It is supposed to be the biggest and oldest toy store in UK. It was fantastic. The kids are really spoilt for choice. There is one problem though.... the place was completely overrun by kids. The screaming! Guess I won't get any brownie points with them.
(STRONG HINT! to all my friends with kids or planning to have kids. I DON'T DO BABY SITTING!).

I'm going to try out the shops in NY. Hopefully the £ to $ works in my favour. I'm down 2 dress sizes now, since coming to London, and in less than 6 months. By that rate, I'll be down 8 dress sizes by the end of my contract. Yohooo! One can only hope :-)

Okay, now for the second time, I'm going to try to grab some breakfast and hopefully this time this thing saves. I absolutely refuse to do this over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hsiu Lin said...

Auntie Lee Ling, when are you coming to babysit Liem?

4:29 AM  
Blogger Hsiu Pin said...

Hey Lee Ling, I found your blog from my sister's! Hey... I am in Connecticut now. Will you be going to NYC quite often? I can meet up with you there!!!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home