Thursday, February 09, 2006

An education in Romania art.

I had a fairly interesting Sunday last week. My colleague invited me to a screening of some Romanian short films. Was it good? Well - let's just say, I was extremely grateful that they were short films and not full length features. All the films were really depressing and if someone have had a really depressing week already, that would be just enough to push them to slit their wrist - in my opinion.

At the end of the screening, the organiser invited the director to come up and dialog with the audience. I was dying to ask why were all the films so "dark" but I thought I had better keep my opinions to myself so as to avoid being lynched. I think I might have been the only Asian in the cinema.

I did learn something though - to be grateful for what I have. The people in Romania must have struggled for many decades under the communist oppression, and the pain is still fresh in everyone's mind and heart. I believe that they are merely trying to purge all this pain through their art and hopefully, in a few years time, they will be able to reflect on the happier times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hsiu Lin said...

Hey, you're becoming a real blogger now. Very stylo milo, your blog.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home