Friday, January 20, 2006

Who says shopping is not a sport!

I officially declare that shopping is a sport. Why? I got tennis elbow from shopping, and if tennis elbow is generally a sports related injury, then by definition, shopping is a sport... correct?

I've had this pain in my right arm since Christmas and I've been puzzled as to what cause it. Yesterday, I finally went for my health check (as required under my contract) and I consulted with the lady who was examining me. I described my symptoms, and she told me that I had tennis elbow. And the cure..... rest the arm. Well, how am I supposed to do that when I am right handed?

She advised me to get some anti-inflammatory gel and apply it twice a day. Apparently, it might take up to 6 - 9 months for my arm to be back to normal. So in the meantime, no heavy lifting with the right arm. I've even had problems opening a jar the other day.

1 Comments:

Blogger WeeFishy said...

Are you sure you have not been secretly playing tennis? Actually it is a RSI, so maybe you can tell your boss you cannot use the mouse and/or keyboard anymore!!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home