Friday, April 20, 2007

Flowers, flowers and more flowers

Now I understand why Holland is the land of tulips.... miles and miles... as far as the eye can see... TULIPS... of all different colours.

Sorry - you'll just have to imagine it for the time being. I'm at the BA lounge again and I won't be able to upload any pictures until I get to Bangkok.

I went to the Keukenhof gardens while I was in Amsterdam. Everyone tells me how beautiful they are, so I thought I'll go check it out since I'm there. The gardens were wonderful for flower lovers.

It was really funny though.. cause the average age of the people who were there was probably 50+ (and I think my friend and I brought the average down significantly). Does this mean that the younger generation do not enjoy flowers (?) or they just won't bother travelling miles out of Amsterdam just to see flowers - when there are flowers just about every where you turn around in the city.

To be honest - if left to me, I may not travel there specifically there to look at flowers. I went there more for my mother (sounds strange?). Mom really loves flowers and she always wanted to go see the tulips, but she's never here at the right time. So I was instructed to take as many pictures as possible. I think I may have taken close to 180 and my friend took another 200+ - you reckon she'll be pleased with that? I also bought her a DVD of the gardens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home